Alder BioPharma (ALDR): Teva Selloff Is An Overreaction Ahead of PhIII Data In 1H17 - PiperJaffray
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Charles Duncan, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Alder Biopharm (NASDAQ: ALDR) believing the recent downdraft is due to outcome uncertainty for Alder’s challenge to Teva’s anti-CGRP patents in the US and EU. IP nuances are not central to his thesis and he thinks the stock is worth considering following last Friday’s EU hearing.
He does not project EU sales but for the much larger US market he sees a single-digit royalty to Teva (worst case scenario), which should yield only a modest valuation haircut of a few dollars, substantially less than the recent downdraft. Therefore, he continues to recommend ALDR shares on what appears to be an IP headache over-correction.
The analyst also notes that the first Phase III FEN results are expected in 1H17.
No change to the price target of $47.
Shares of Alder Biopharm closed at $25.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Micron (MU) PT Raised to $25 at Brean Capital; Upbeat on Low Inventories
- Casey's General Stores (CASY) Recommended Long at Off Wall Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Litigation
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!