Albert Fried & Company Downgrades Pandora (P) to Underweight
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Albert Fried & Company downgraded Pandora (NYSE: P) from Overweight to Underweight with a price target of $8 following the release of Q3 results and guidance. Analyst Rich Tullo thinks the company is no longer a target.
Tullo explained, "Given the negative guidance, negative FCF, and convoluted business model we think Pandora is no longer a takeover target. Negative guidance and ad revenue alone would not have changed our view as a lull would have supported a deal. However, Pandora is making the business less attractive to a strategic buyer because Pandora is burning cash while taking risks with its user base. Moreover Pandora is not focused on growing users of Pandora Radio which essentially drives the rest of the business. The risk Pandora just created is it will now drive users from Pandora to iTunes or Spotify."
Shares of Pandora closed at $12.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Pandora (P) to Outperform
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!