Akamai Technologies (AKAM): Buy the Blowup - Piper Jaffray
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Mike Olson, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Akamai Technologies (NASDAQ: AKAM) along with his price target of $64. AKAM is down 13% since reporting Q2 (7/26) and providing below Street Q3 guidance due to the impact of two major customers taking traffic in-house. While Media Delivery is weak, the analyst expects strong continued Performance & Security growth.and a Media delivery re-acceleration in '17; if for no other reason than easier comps.
Excluding the company's six largest Internet platform customers which represent 11% of revenue, Akamai is growing 15% y/y. Historically, buying AKAM on guidance related pullbacks has proven to be a favorable strategy, with a 16% average six month upward move following five double digit earnings related drops in the stock over the past five years.
The analyst also believes Akamai's core non-security business is being undervalued, when accounting for a $2B-$3B valuation for the security segment.
Shares of Akamai Technologies closed at $50.21 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on ManpowerGroup (MAN) Following 3Q Surprise
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) at Buy
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Union Pacific (UNP) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!