Akamai Technologies (AKAM): Buy the Blowup - Piper Jaffray
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Mike Olson, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Akamai Technologies (NASDAQ: AKAM) along with his price target of $64. AKAM is down 13% since reporting Q2 (7/26) and providing below Street Q3 guidance due to the impact of two major customers taking traffic in-house. While Media Delivery is weak, the analyst expects strong continued Performance & Security growth.and a Media delivery re-acceleration in '17; if for no other reason than easier comps.
Excluding the company's six largest Internet platform customers which represent 11% of revenue, Akamai is growing 15% y/y. Historically, buying AKAM on guidance related pullbacks has proven to be a favorable strategy, with a 16% average six month upward move following five double digit earnings related drops in the stock over the past five years.
The analyst also believes Akamai's core non-security business is being undervalued, when accounting for a $2B-$3B valuation for the security segment.
Shares of Akamai Technologies closed at $50.21 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!