Aegis Capital Sees Buying Opportunity in Alder Biopharma (ALDR) Following EPO Ruling-Related Dip
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Aegis Capital affirms Alder Biopharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ALDR) at Buy with a price target of $41 after the EPO maintained claims related to CGRP use in Migraines.
Analyst Difei Yang sees the recent pullback in ALDR shares as a buying opportunity. The analyst commented,
The EPO’s ruling is certainly a setback in the intellectual property legal proceedings of Alder and Eli Lilly, however it is also, in our view, a buying opportunity as the valuation impact to Alder is minimal; an approximate $2 per share decrease from our estimated price target. This reasoning stems from our opinion that there will be limited, if any, carry over to the US, where the large bulk of the future value of ALD-403 is based.
EPO’s Technical Board of Appeal might not uphold initial ruling. The original claims contained in Patent No. 1957106 B1 were, in our opinion, undoubtedly too broad and not in-line with the requirements set forth by the European Patent Convention for patentability. As such, we believe there is considerable uncertainly surrounding whether or not the EPO's Technical Board of Appeals will uphold the OD's initial ruling. Because of the substantial differences in the patent systems between the US and the EU, we do not expect the read-through of European decisions to impact the US business.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades MSC Industrial (MSM) to Neutral, Sees "Green Shoots Of A Recovery"
- Credit Suisse Starts ASML Inc. (ASML) at Neutral
- Morgan Stanley Starts Baidu (BIDU) at Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!