Acura Pharmaceuticals (ACUR) Bullish View Reiterated at FBR Following Aversion Licensing
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital analyst Vernon Bernardino reiterated an Outperform rating and $10 price target on Acura Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ACUR), after the company and KemPharm announced an agreement for the incorporation of Acura's Aversion technology, which has abuse deterrent features (ADF), into KemPharm's orally-administered immediate release (IR) opioid products currently under development. Acura will receive an upfront cash payment of $3.5 million in exchange for KemPharm's right to develop and commercialize up to three IR product candidates, which includes two KemPharm opioid prodrugs currently under development and an option to develop additional products with Acura's technology for additional payments. Acura is also eligible to receive low single-digit sales-based royalty payments if any of these candidates become marketed. Near-term, KemPharm intends to apply Acura's Aversion technology in its lead drug candidate KP201/IR, an acetaminophen-free formulation of its IR hydrocodone product.
"We view the news as an incremental positive affirmation of the value of Acura's abuse-deterrent technologies, which besides Aversion, includes Impede, a tamper-resistant technology incorporated in Acura's marketed product Nexafed, and Limitx, a next-generation ADF technology incorporated in Acura's IR hyrdromorphone candidate that is making good progress," the analyst said.
Shares of Acura Pharmaceuticals closed at $1.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- Microsoft (MSFT): Still Grossly Overvalued - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!