Activision Blizzard (ATVI): Raising PT - Benchmark
- Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Benchmark analyst, Mike Hickey, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) after the company reported sales that were $1,609M (Guide: $1,375M / Street: $1,448M / Benchmark: $1,378M) over adjusted EPS were $0.54 (Guide: $0.38 / Street: $0.42 / Benchmark: $0.38).
Key performance drivers included: Overwatch, catalog and digital sales (COD, King, etc.). The Company’s Overwatch release has exceeded expectations, with an est. 15M players LTD and #4 on Twitch.
The analyst views the Company’s risk / reward as positive; he anticipates a more challenging valuation growth profile over a more competitive holiday sales environment, medium term growth concerns and a recent positive valuation reset (69% off 52 week low).
That said, he remains bullish on the current gen console market and suspects upcoming console launches as an incremental growth opportunity. The executive team is strong and determined to drive growth with the guidance as generally conservative.
The price target increases to $45.56 (from $40.52).
Shares of Activision Blizzard closed at $40.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Illumina (ILMN) Lower as Morgan Stanley Cuts Numbers, Sees Slow Growth Persisting
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Arista Networks (ANET) Following U.S. Customs and Border Protection Approval
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!