Activision Blizzard (ATVI): Overwatch Blowout - Mizuho
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst, Neil Doshi, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) after the company reported revenue of $1.61b, surpassing Street expectations by 11%, and non-GAAP EPS of $0.54 was significantly higher than Street estimates of $0.42. EPS came in $0.16 above guidance of $0.38 as ~$0.04 was due to cost timing and $0.12 from business over performance.
The analyst stated that "Overwatch is a key reason for record digital revenue, in our opinion. Since its May debut, Overwatch now has 15m players globally, balanced between the East & West, and is now bigger than the coveted MOBA League of Legends. Furthermore, Blizzard has been releasing new content each month since the game’s release, and that strategy seems to be driving engagement and digital revenue. In 2Q, ATVI posted digital revenue of $1.4b, up 129% YoY, and a record for the company. In turn, op. margins edged up to a record 37% vs. 28% in 1Q".
The price target increases to $46.00 (from $42.00) as 2016 revenue increases 3% to $6.50b and EPS goes from $1.80 to $1.95. However, the analyst also raised the target PE multiple to reflect the strong momentum for the company's portfolio of games.
Shares of Activision Blizzard closed at $40.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!