Activision Blizzard (ATVI): As Good As It Gets? - BMO
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst Gerrick Johnson, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) after the company reported 2Q16 Non GAAP EPS of $0.54, which was $0.12 ahead of our and the Street's $0.42 expectation. The result was also $0.16 ahead of the company's $0.38 per share guidance.
Despite the $0.16 outperformance, the company raised full-year non-GAAP (as previously defined) EPS guidance by only the 1Q business outperformance of $0.12, to $1.90 from $1.78, which was roughly in line with the prior Street consensus of $1.88. The analyst is surprised the company did not lift its expectation for the balance of the year but management does have a reputation for guiding conservatively. Despite that reputation, the reaction in the market was muted on the news leaving the analyst to wonder if investors could be concerned that this is the best it gets for a while, with a very successful Overwatch launch in a traditionally smaller quarter and a near-term boost to World of Warcraft from the Warcraft movie.
The company still has several big releases left in the year, including: World of Warcraft: Legion (8/30), Destiny: Rise of Iron (9/20), Skylanders: Imaginators (10/16), Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (11/4), and one more non-Candy Crush game from King.
The price target is increased to $38.
Shares of Activision Blizzard closed at $40.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: CommVault Systems (CVLT) PT to $62 at Mizuho Following Strong Q2
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Potential Capacity Crunch May Slow Momentum vs. Sprint (S) - FBR
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!