Activision Blizzard (ATVI): As Good As It Gets? - BMO
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst Gerrick Johnson, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) after the company reported 2Q16 Non GAAP EPS of $0.54, which was $0.12 ahead of our and the Street's $0.42 expectation. The result was also $0.16 ahead of the company's $0.38 per share guidance.
Despite the $0.16 outperformance, the company raised full-year non-GAAP (as previously defined) EPS guidance by only the 1Q business outperformance of $0.12, to $1.90 from $1.78, which was roughly in line with the prior Street consensus of $1.88. The analyst is surprised the company did not lift its expectation for the balance of the year but management does have a reputation for guiding conservatively. Despite that reputation, the reaction in the market was muted on the news leaving the analyst to wonder if investors could be concerned that this is the best it gets for a while, with a very successful Overwatch launch in a traditionally smaller quarter and a near-term boost to World of Warcraft from the Warcraft movie.
The company still has several big releases left in the year, including: World of Warcraft: Legion (8/30), Destiny: Rise of Iron (9/20), Skylanders: Imaginators (10/16), Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (11/4), and one more non-Candy Crush game from King.
The price target is increased to $38.
Shares of Activision Blizzard closed at $40.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- FBR Capital Raises price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $22
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!