Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) Sell Rating Reiterated at Chardan Capital Markets Amid ACH-4471 Risks
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Chardan Capital Markets analyst Madhu Kumar reiterated a Sell rating and $5 price target on Achillion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ACHN) saying ACH-4471 liver signals and developmental delays pose risks.
Kumar commented, "This morning, Achillion Pharmaceuticals (Sell) announced 3Q16 earnings results and updates on clinical programs. Regarding the phase I multiple ascending dose (MAD) trial for ACH-4471, a small molecule inhibitor of complement factor D for the treatment of complement diseases such as paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and C3 glomerulonephritis (C3G), the company announced "[t]wo cases of self-limited, ALT elevations (Grade 3 and 4) were
observed post-treatment in the mid- and high dose groups, respectively." Achillion further announced that interim results from the
phase I trial will be presented 1H17."
The analyst said Liver enzyme elevations in healthy volunteers create safety risks in an already competitive complement therapy
space. In addition, continued delays in healthy volunteers portend more significant delays in the PNH setting.
Shares of Achillion Pharmaceuticals closed at $6.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) PT Raised to $89 at Chardan Capital Markets Following Arrowhead's RNAi Program Discontinuations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesEarnings, Chardan Capital Markets
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!