AcelRx Pharma (ACRX): Emergency Physician Survey Bodes Well For ARX-04 - Jefferies
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, Hugo Ong, reiterated his Buy rating for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ACRX), after conducting a proprietary Emergency Dept physician survey on trends for acute pain in the ED to gauge the outlook for ARX-04, which could be available by YE'17. Physicians had a bright outlook citing expected ARX-04 use on par with IV morphine for moderate pain (~19%), and exceeded it in severe pain (~27%) for '18. The analyst believes the results bode well for ARX-04 in 2018.
The majority of ED physicians see ARX-04 as appropriate in a variety of situations. The anlayst asked respondents what situations were most appropriate for ARX-04, and presented them with a variety of injuries/conditions. The top conditions included: physical trauma (i.e. bone fractures, etc.; ~76%), 2nd/3rd-degree burns (~84%), sickle-cell crisis (~88%), endstage cancer pain (~96%), and kidney stones (~76%). Nearly all (~96%) physicians believed that the ED following evaluation or during a procedure was appropriate for ARX-04.
No change to the price target of $7.00
Shares of AcelRx Pharmaceuticals closed at $3.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- Oracle (ORCL): Earnings Preview, Checks Show Strong Cloud Revenue - Jefferies
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!