AcelRx Pharma (ACRX): Emergency Physician Survey Bodes Well For ARX-04 - Jefferies
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Hugo Ong, reiterated his Buy rating for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ACRX), after conducting a proprietary Emergency Dept physician survey on trends for acute pain in the ED to gauge the outlook for ARX-04, which could be available by YE'17. Physicians had a bright outlook citing expected ARX-04 use on par with IV morphine for moderate pain (~19%), and exceeded it in severe pain (~27%) for '18. The analyst believes the results bode well for ARX-04 in 2018.
The majority of ED physicians see ARX-04 as appropriate in a variety of situations. The anlayst asked respondents what situations were most appropriate for ARX-04, and presented them with a variety of injuries/conditions. The top conditions included: physical trauma (i.e. bone fractures, etc.; ~76%), 2nd/3rd-degree burns (~84%), sickle-cell crisis (~88%), endstage cancer pain (~96%), and kidney stones (~76%). Nearly all (~96%) physicians believed that the ED following evaluation or during a procedure was appropriate for ARX-04.
No change to the price target of $7.00
Shares of AcelRx Pharmaceuticals closed at $3.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!