Accelerate Diagnostics (AXDX) Regulatory Matters in Order; BTIG Affirms at 'Buy'
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BTIG affirms Accelerate Diagnostics, Inc. (Nasdaq: AXDX) with a Buy rating and $26 price target following Q2 results issued Monday night.
Analyst Karen Koski noted that regulatory matters appear to be in order. The analyst commented,
AXDX’s July 11th FDA 510(k) submission of the Pheno system and PhenoTest BC kit included 118 assays and an add’l 22 assays are expected to be launched under a Research Use Only mode. Based on AXDX’s multiple yrs of discussions with FDA, our view that the Agency is under significant pressure to approve technologies (like AXDX’s) that can help combat the misuse and overuse of antibiotics, and our expectation that the company only submitted assays with near certainty of receiving approval (as defined by the FDA’s established criteria), we remain confident in a 4Q16 US launch of the Pheno system and ~140 assays. With phase 2 of the trial underway, add’l assays may be added to the panel as early as 1Q17.
Early commercial success encouraging and in line with our bullish thesis. On the call, mgmt highlighted a nearly completed build-out of the company’s commercial team, a robust funnel of potential accounts and the conversion of “more than a few” contracts with “many more” under administrative review by hospitals. Though it is likely that many labs are unable to engage in purchase discussions prior to approval, we feel that the willingness of multiple labs to sign contracts—that enable evaluation of the system and that will convert into purchases if certain endpts are met and FDA approval is granted—bodes well for launch, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- ADTRAN (ADTN) PT Raised to $27.50 at MKM Partners Following Strong 4Q
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Spirit AeroSystems (SPR) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!