Acadia Pharma (ACAD): NUPLAZID 4Q Outlook - Piper Jaffray
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Charles Duncan, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Acadia Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ACAD) and believes that the first full quarter postlaunch for NUPLAZID will meet his estimates. Unfortunately, his estimates are 20% of what the street is expecting. For 3Q, 4Q and 2017, the analyst's estimates are $0.7, $1.7 and $20.3 compared with consensus of $4.6, $10.2, and $103.4.
Street consensus looks similar to pre-2Q earnings, which makes sense given the street only has 1 month of data to go on.
The analyst is maintaining his conservative estimates but is encouraged by ACADIA confirming it is now on 99% + of targeted MEDICARE formularies, consistent with NUPLAZID being in a protected class. The company also reports it is on 25-30% of commercial formularies targeted, with more complete progress expected on that front by YE16.
No change to the price target of $44.
At a recent conference, ACADIA confirmed it is now on 99% + of targeted MEDICARE formularies, consistent with NUPLAZID being in a protected class. The company also reports it is on 25-30% of commercial formularies targeted, with more complete progress expected on that front by YE16. ACADIA believes most plans require confirmation of PDP diagnosis in terms of prior authorization, but has not seen unanticipated restrictions from most payers beyond that.
Shares of Acadia Pharmaceuticals closed at $31.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Roth Capital Resumes Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) at Neutral
- Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Microsoft (MSFT) Following Strong 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!