Abeona Therapeutics (ABEO) PT Raised to $8 at Maxim Group
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Maxim Group analyst Jason McCarthy reiterated a Buy rating and bumped his price target on Abeona Therapeutics (NASDAQ: ABEO) to $8.00 (from $6.00) after the company announced it has licensed a next-generation AAV gene therapy platform (the "AIM" vector) from the University of North Carolina that may make gene therapy available to patients with CNS disorders who have immune responses against natural AAV vectors used in first-generation AAV gene therapies currently in development. In addition, a next-gen AAV gene therapy, ABO-202, which targets infantile Batten disease, was also licensed from the same group.
The analyst highlighted:
- ABEO stock has been driven by the focus on the company's efforts in Sanfilippo syndrome (ABO-102), with more data and patients expected this fall. We expect to see a expansion with additional gene therapy indications through recent partnerships. We also expect to see additional new gene therapies in the pipeline. The marketplace is seeing the potential in gene therapy as groups like Avexis (same vector Abeona uses, same lab) and bluebird (BLUE - $72.74 - Buy) advance their programs to later stages of development.
- Valuation. We are rolling our model forward to 2017, which increases our price target to $8 from $6.
- Conclusion. The question in gene therapy, particularly for rare, single gene diseases like Sanfilippo syndrome, is: where is proof of concept? N=1? N=just a handful? More data should continue to emerge from the ABO-102 study this fall.
Shares of Abeona Therapeutics closed at $5.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Related EntitiesMaxim Group
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!