Abbvie (ABBV) PTAB Decision Incrementally Positive, But Does Not Change Cautious Thesis - BMO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst Alex Arfaei weighed in on Abbvie (NYSE: ABBV), calling the PTAB denying institution of the Coherus (NASDAQ; CHRS) IPR of Humira formulation patent is incrementally positive for ABBV, but it does not change their cautious thesis
Arfaei commented, "We still see a long litigation path and increased uncertainty ahead. We remain cautious on Humira’s growth prospects because of increased competition from biosimilars and JAK-1s, particularly Lilly’s Baricitinib. Just as AbbVie's $3Bn Hep-C guidance by 2020 now seems unrealistic, we believe that in 2017-2018 so will the >$18Bn Humira guidance. Thus, we remain significantly below ($15Bn)."
The firm maintained a Market Perform rating and price target of $63.00
Shares of Abbvie closed at $56.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 20%
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!