Abbvie (ABBV) PTAB Decision Incrementally Positive, But Does Not Change Cautious Thesis - BMO
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst Alex Arfaei weighed in on Abbvie (NYSE: ABBV), calling the PTAB denying institution of the Coherus (NASDAQ; CHRS) IPR of Humira formulation patent is incrementally positive for ABBV, but it does not change their cautious thesis
Arfaei commented, "We still see a long litigation path and increased uncertainty ahead. We remain cautious on Humira’s growth prospects because of increased competition from biosimilars and JAK-1s, particularly Lilly’s Baricitinib. Just as AbbVie's $3Bn Hep-C guidance by 2020 now seems unrealistic, we believe that in 2017-2018 so will the >$18Bn Humira guidance. Thus, we remain significantly below ($15Bn)."
The firm maintained a Market Perform rating and price target of $63.00
Shares of Abbvie closed at $56.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AbbVie (ABBV), Northwestern University Enter Three-Year Cancer Research Collaboration
- AbbVie (ABBV) Updates on Five-Year IMBRUVICA Data in CLL/SLL; Strong CR/PR Results Noted
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!