AT&T (T) Q1 Wireless Business 'Impressive', Says Wells Fargo
- Market Wrap: Intel, Altera Make it Official; Personal Spending Flatlines in April; ASCO Presentations in Focus
- Intel (INTC) to Acquire Altera (ALTR) for $54/Share
- After-Hours Stock Movers 06/01: (PVH) (MTW) Higher; (ODFL) (NTAP) (MYL) Lower (more...)
- UPDATE: PVH Corp. (PVH) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c; Boosts FY15 EPS Outlook
- Apollo Global to Acquire OM Group (OMG) for $34/Share; Will Spin Certain Assets (PAH)
Wells Fargo maintained an Outperform rating on AT&T (NYSE: T) with a price target of $42-$44. Analyst Jennifer M. Fritzsche commented on Q1, calling wireless subs impressive.
'T reported solid Q1'14 results characterized by better-than-expected wireless results - most notably in net adds and churn. As to be expected, the company's EIP plan, Next and economics around it were a major focus of the quarterly print. T offered new guidance which includes the impact from LEAP acquisition. We believe T's 2014 guidance is quite achievable based on strong Q1 performance metrics. We are adjusting our estimates. Specifically, FY2014E revenue and EPS are $133.2B and $2.73 vs. $131.5B and $2.67 prior. Our FY2015E are $134.8B and $2.88 vs. $134.0B and $2.79 prior," said Fritzsche.
"WIRELESS – BIG TIME SOLID - Q1 wireless revenue, EBITDA and EBITDA margin were $17.9B, $7.0B and 45.4% vs. our estimates of $17.4B, $6.9B and 44.2%, respectively. The company added 625K postpay net adds, well above our 180K estimate and Street consensus of 212K. Over 1.1MM new postpay smartphones were added (upgrades and new subs), and smartphones accounted for 92% of postpay phone sales. Postpay churn was 1.07% vs. our 1.04% estimate. Over 40% (~2.9MM) of all smartphone gross adds and upgrades were on Next plans, up from 15% in Q4’13, and excluding the 1.1MM "accelerated upgrades,"the Next take rate was ~35% in Q1," added the analyst.
Shares of AT&T closed at $36.29 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Avian Flu Concerns Create Attractive Entry in Post Holdings (POST), Wells Fargo Upgrades to Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Southern Co. (SO) Following Kemper IGCC Project Uncertainty
- Goldman Sachs Assumes Peabody Energy (BTU) at Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesWells Fargo, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!