ARRIS Group (ARRS) FCC Set-Top-Box Delay a Slight Positive, Stifel Says
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel analyst Mitch Steves weighed in on ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) after the FCC removed the Set-Top-Box proposal from today's agenda, which they view as a slight positive.
Steves commented, "The FCC removed the set-top-box app based proposal today, delaying the discussion for a later date (undetermined for now). At this point we think this should act as a slight positive given that delays likely elongate the long-term impact of any increased regulation. Specifically, the original proposal suggested a 2-year time frame to create new Apps to be added to other devices including Apple TV and Roku boxes (once FCC approved, now decision delayed). Net Net: while we continue to prefer shares of Arris outside of the set-top-box business, the delay (elongated FCC process) should help the stock near-term."
The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $33 on ARRS.
Shares of ARRIS Group closed at $28.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!