ARRIS Group (ARRS) FCC Set-Top-Box Delay a Slight Positive, Stifel Says
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst Mitch Steves weighed in on ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) after the FCC removed the Set-Top-Box proposal from today's agenda, which they view as a slight positive.
Steves commented, "The FCC removed the set-top-box app based proposal today, delaying the discussion for a later date (undetermined for now). At this point we think this should act as a slight positive given that delays likely elongate the long-term impact of any increased regulation. Specifically, the original proposal suggested a 2-year time frame to create new Apps to be added to other devices including Apple TV and Roku boxes (once FCC approved, now decision delayed). Net Net: while we continue to prefer shares of Arris outside of the set-top-box business, the delay (elongated FCC process) should help the stock near-term."
The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $33 on ARRS.
Shares of ARRIS Group closed at $28.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Resumes Costco Wholesale (COST) at Buy
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $115 at Oppenheimer
- Mitsubishi UFJ Downgrades Anadarko Petroleum (APC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!