ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (ARIA) Full Iclusig Approval, Label Update Incremental Positive - Leerink
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst Michael Schmidt reiterated an Outperform rating and $20 price target on ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ARIA) after the company announced that the FDA granted full approval of Iclusig and also approved the sNDA to include long-term follow-up data from the pivotal PACE Ph II trial in the label ~2 weeks ahead of the PDUFA date on 12/12.
Schmidt commented, "This is incrementally positive for ARIA, but by-and-large expected. Based on our prior checks with chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) key opinion leaders (KOLs) and our detailed analysis of the CML market (LINK), inclusion of the long-term PACE data should provide incremental additional prescriber comfort with using the drug, while results of the pending OPTIC trial in late 2017 represent an important dataset, which if positive could support broader use of the drug beyond use predominantly in academic centers. Next key event for ARIA is the PDUFA date for brigatinib in ALK+ NSCLC (non-small cell lung cancer) on 4/29/2017. We reiterate our OP rating on the stock as we expect Iclusig sales to continue to grow in the US and ROW, while Street expectations for the company's potential best-in-class pipeline products addressing genetically defined cancers including brigatinib and AP32788 (EGFR inhibitor) are only modest, providing key sources of upside, in our view."
Shares of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals closed at $13.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Presents Strong Data from Brigatinib ALTA Trial in ALK+ NSCLC
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Announces Positive Top-Line Results from First Phase 3 Trial of Plecanatide
- Mizuho Discusses Biogen (BIIB) Seizure Patient
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!