ARIAD Pharma (ARIA): Abstract Release Offers Insight Into brigatinib - Leerink
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Michael Schmidt, reiterated his Outperform on ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ARIA) after abstracts were published for presentations that will be held at the World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) from Dec. 4-7.
ARIA will provide incremental updates from brigatinib Ph I/II and pivotal Ph II ALTA trials in ALK+ NSCLC (non-small cell lung cancer) patients previously treated with crizotinib, including a further improved progression-free survival (PFS) reported in the pivotal ALTA trial. In addition, updates from other ALK inhibitors, including Roche's alectinib and NVS' (MP) ceritinib, reaffirm the thesis that brigatinib is a differentiated ALK inhibitor given its long PFS, strong CNS activity, and ability to inhibit most known ALK resistance mutations. Street expectations for brigatinib remain modest, given its late market entry in ALK+ NSCLC following 2nd-gen TKI product launches by NVS and Roche.
The analyst believes a growing target market and best-in-class product profile provides good conditions for brigatinib to capture market share in ALK+ NSCLC upon potential launch (PDUFA Apr. 29, 2017). The analyst stated "our thesis (is) that Iclusig will deliver above consensus sales growth while Street expectations for the company's pipeline products including brigatinib and AP32788 are low".
No change to the price target of $80.
Shares of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals closed at $12.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Expedia (EXPE) to $145; Reiterates Outperform
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $25 Following CES 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!