ARIAD Pharma (ARIA): Abstract Release Offers Insight Into brigatinib - Leerink
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Michael Schmidt, reiterated his Outperform on ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ARIA) after abstracts were published for presentations that will be held at the World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) from Dec. 4-7.
ARIA will provide incremental updates from brigatinib Ph I/II and pivotal Ph II ALTA trials in ALK+ NSCLC (non-small cell lung cancer) patients previously treated with crizotinib, including a further improved progression-free survival (PFS) reported in the pivotal ALTA trial. In addition, updates from other ALK inhibitors, including Roche's alectinib and NVS' (MP) ceritinib, reaffirm the thesis that brigatinib is a differentiated ALK inhibitor given its long PFS, strong CNS activity, and ability to inhibit most known ALK resistance mutations. Street expectations for brigatinib remain modest, given its late market entry in ALK+ NSCLC following 2nd-gen TKI product launches by NVS and Roche.
The analyst believes a growing target market and best-in-class product profile provides good conditions for brigatinib to capture market share in ALK+ NSCLC upon potential launch (PDUFA Apr. 29, 2017). The analyst stated "our thesis (is) that Iclusig will deliver above consensus sales growth while Street expectations for the company's pipeline products including brigatinib and AP32788 are low".
No change to the price target of $80.
Shares of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals closed at $12.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!