ANSYS (ANSS): Management Transition Brings Opportunities - Wedbush
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wedbush analyst, Steve Koenig, reiteated his Neutral rating on shares of ANSYS (NASDAQ: ANSS) after ANSYS announced a leadership succession plan. James Cashman, CEO since 2000, will become Chairman effective January 1st, 2017. Dr. Ajei Gopal, a member of the Board of Directors since 2011, has been appointed President and Chief Operating officer, effective immediately. On January 1 st 2017, Dr. Gopal will replace Mr. Cashman as the CEO while Ronald W. Hovsepian, the current Chairman of the Board, will assume the role of Lead Independent Director as part of the transition.
The analyst stated "The transition carries both risks and potential benefits. Dr. Gopal could bring some fresh thinking to key imperatives for ANSS, such as gaining traction in the cloud (which we view as ideal for engineering simulation, at least from a technical perspective). However, Mr. Cashman’s long and successful track record with ANSS – which won the #1 spot in the engineering simulation market under his leadership — means that it probably won’t be easy to replace him."
No change to the price target of $88.
Shares of ANSYS closed at $98.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- KLR Group Raise Price Target on Oasis Petroleum (OAS) to $22; Reiterates Buy
- BWS Financial Cuts Price Target on Sigma Designs (SIGM) to $5.00
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!