AMD (AMD) PT Raised to $8 at MKM Partners
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MKM Partners analyst Ian Ing reiterated a Buy rating and raised its price target on AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) to $8.00 (from $6.30) which they believe is reasonable ahead of sustained earnings leading to earnings multiple based valuations. This represents a 1.76x EV/17 Sales ratio using our above-Street sales estimates.
Ing said the stock's valuation versus peers is attractive: "This EV/Sales multiple remains at the low-end of the range within our coverage universe. ON (Buy, $9.70, $13 PT), MU (Buy, $13.51, $19 PT) and MRVL (Neutral, $11.30, $14 FV) within the same valuation peer group," he said.
In addition, the valuation is attractive on historicals given prospects: "For AMD, forward EV/Sales multiples have recently trended toward the upper end of six-year historicals, reflecting improved prospects for the company driven by the new product pipeline including Zen server in 1H17," Ing added.
Shares of AMD closed at $6.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Dougherty & Co Starts CardioNet (BEAT) at Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!