AIG (AIG): UGC Sale Provides A Steady Income Strem, Raising PT - BMO
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst, Charles Sebaski, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of American International Group (NYSE: AIG) and sees the sale of United Guaranty Corp. (UGC) to Arch as helping to improve AIG's earnings profile in 2017. This is on account of selling the business whole as opposed to the 19% IPO, as well as in structuring the transaction to keep a material interest in accident years 2014 through 2016, which are expected to be very profitable.
The analyst estimates that the quota share arrangement will generate nearly $300 million of pre-tax income to AIG over the four years following the close of the UGC sale, of which $130 million should hit in 2017. This means despite selling the business for 1.25x book value, AIG will reap 20% of the model return in 2017.
These actions have made the analyst more comfortable recommending the stock at current levels and he increased his price target to $64.00.
Shares of American International Group closed at $58.86 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!