AC Immune (ACIU) Could Be Under Pressure Following Eli Lilly Sola Failure - Leerink
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst Paul Matteis sees AC Immune SA (NASDAQ: ACIU) under pressure today after Eli Lilly announced that announced that its EXPEDITION3 study of solanezumab in Alzheimer's did not meet its primary endpoint; the study showed (likely a very small) trend on cognition (p=.095).
Matteis commented, "We expect ACIU shares to be under pressure today given the perceived read-through from the solanezumab (sola) result; however, we see specific differences between sola and crenezumab, and perceive the latter as much more similar to BIIB's aducanumab. While we will look to our model and assumptions once the full sola data are presented at CTAD on December 8th, our current 40% probability-of-success for crenezumab already balances optimism surrounding product profile/ph3 design while considering meaningful outstanding risk. And at a fully diluted market cap of ~$800MM (as of yesterday's close), we believe the stock implicitly assumes both a lower probability than this for crenezumab and little credit for ACIU's pipeline, which includes 4 partnered and 1 wholly owned clinical-stage asset."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating on ACIU.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AC Immune SA (ACIU) Partner Genentech Announces Crenezumab Trial Data
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) to $45
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!