A Broadcom (AVGO) Takeover of Brocade (BRCD) Would be 5-10% Accretive - RBC
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani weighed in on reports Broadcom Limited (NASDAQ: AVGO) could bid for Brocade Communications (NASDAQ: BRCD). Daryanani said the deal fits AVGO M&A Strategy and would be 5-10% accretive.
Daryanani commented, "There has been recent discussion (Bloomberg News, unsubstantiated) around AVGO making a bid for BRCD, we think the acquisition would be fairly logical and would fit AVGO’s historical M&A practice of acquiring companies that are 1) playing in markets with little competition (FC business is concentrated at CSCO & BRCD, Campus wifi is concentrated between CSCO, Aruba & BRCD), 2) High gross-margin asset – BRCD runs at mid to high 60% gross-margins (guided Oct-qtr for `67%) and 3) inefficient OPEX structure – BRCD has sustained low to mid 20% Op-margins for the last several years (we would think AVGO could have this at 40%+ given their historical execution). Net/net – We think assuming a 20% premium, and AVGO is able to operate BRCD assets at close to 40% Op-margins the deal would be 5-7% accretive and would fit into the narrative of doing smaller tuck-in deals."
The firm maintained a Top Pick rating and price target of $190 on AVGO.
Shares of Broadcom Limited closed at $169.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Outperform
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Expedia (EXPE) to $145; Reiterates Outperform
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) to $33
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!