A Broadcom (AVGO) Takeover of Brocade (BRCD) Would be 5-10% Accretive - RBC
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani weighed in on reports Broadcom Limited (NASDAQ: AVGO) could bid for Brocade Communications (NASDAQ: BRCD). Daryanani said the deal fits AVGO M&A Strategy and would be 5-10% accretive.
Daryanani commented, "There has been recent discussion (Bloomberg News, unsubstantiated) around AVGO making a bid for BRCD, we think the acquisition would be fairly logical and would fit AVGO’s historical M&A practice of acquiring companies that are 1) playing in markets with little competition (FC business is concentrated at CSCO & BRCD, Campus wifi is concentrated between CSCO, Aruba & BRCD), 2) High gross-margin asset – BRCD runs at mid to high 60% gross-margins (guided Oct-qtr for `67%) and 3) inefficient OPEX structure – BRCD has sustained low to mid 20% Op-margins for the last several years (we would think AVGO could have this at 40%+ given their historical execution). Net/net – We think assuming a 20% premium, and AVGO is able to operate BRCD assets at close to 40% Op-margins the deal would be 5-7% accretive and would fit into the narrative of doing smaller tuck-in deals."
The firm maintained a Top Pick rating and price target of $190 on AVGO.
Shares of Broadcom Limited closed at $169.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Declares $1.02 Semi-Annual Dividend; 1.2% Yield
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
- CORRECTING AND REPLACING -- Broadcom Limited Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results and Interim Dividend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!