4 Reasons Eastman Chemical (EMN) Can Fill The Valuation Gap - Jefferies
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Lawrence Alexander, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Eastman Chemical (NYSE: EMN) noting the company's relatively wide discount on both a NTM P/E basis (38% below the S&P 500 vs. 20% in mid-2014) and on NTM EV/EBITDA (2.3x NTM EBITDA vs. 1.1x).
The discount reflects structural concerns even more than cyclical risks: we highlight 4 transitions that could address these concerns even in the absence of GDP acceleration or a step-up in oil prices:
4 Transitions To Watch: 1/ The near-term transition to a balanced approach for deleveraging (down to ~2.5x net debt/EBITDA) and buybacks, coupled with medium-term discipline on M&A (both scale and expected returns), should allay concerns on strategic whipsaws; 2/ If CI can validate >10% margins once the hedges roll off, it would go a long way to allay concerns on the commoditized product lines; 3/ Lifting A&FP and AM to 80% of the portfolio (doable if innovation sustains growth 100-200bps above GDP) should address concerns on mix (now an execution story on a well-established case); and 4/ Commercial launches of new cellulose derivatives, possibly as early as 2017, could allay concerns on the end-game for acetate tow.
No change to the price target of $88.
Shares of Eastman Chemical closed at $71.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!