3M Co. (MMM): Cutting PT On Expectations For Weak Outlook - Jefferies
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Lawrence Alexander, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of 3M (NYSE: MMM) but cut his price target to $200 on the belief that 3M's 2017 outlook could be weak due to concerns on cost pressures and F/X. Key factors include the commentary on customer behavior into year end (as a risk to both Q4 and 1Q17) and emerging market industrial trends.
By 2H17, the discussion should shift to 3M's own pricing power and productivity as levers for 2018-2019 are reinforced by likely favorable moves in the outlook for taxes, pension and buybacks.
The $200 PT drops from $210 to $200.
Shares of 3M closed at $173.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Buy
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Green Plains Partners LP (GPP) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!