3M Co. (MMM): Cutting PT On Expectations For Weak Outlook - Jefferies
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Lawrence Alexander, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of 3M (NYSE: MMM) but cut his price target to $200 on the belief that 3M's 2017 outlook could be weak due to concerns on cost pressures and F/X. Key factors include the commentary on customer behavior into year end (as a risk to both Q4 and 1Q17) and emerging market industrial trends.
By 2H17, the discussion should shift to 3M's own pricing power and productivity as levers for 2018-2019 are reinforced by likely favorable moves in the outlook for taxes, pension and buybacks.
The $200 PT drops from $210 to $200.
Shares of 3M closed at $173.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Entergy (ETR) to $72 Following Announced PPA Termination
- UBS Raises Price Target on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!