21st Century Fox (FOXA): Raising PT On Attractive Relative Valuation - Jefferies
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, John Janedis, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ: FOXA) and raised his price target to $35 as he looks toward C2017 and thinks the stock could see renewed focus from investors given relative underperformance and appealing valuation.
After underperforming the broader market by ~600bps and peers like TWX, CBS, and SNI by ~2,500bps+ YTD, the analyst thinks FOXA's expected growth will be at the top end of peers in C17. Looking ahead, the analyst thinks FOXA's int'l cable assets will be one of the key value drivers for the company, contributing ~17% of segment EBITDA in C16, growing to 28% in C20 (including STAR).
The $35 PT is up from $32 based on a blended avg of 18.5x F2017E EPS and 9.7x EBITDA, which are both below historical averages. On an EV/EBITDA basis, the stock is trading below its historical average of 10.2x (a 24% discount) since the spin from NWSA. Similarly, on a P/E basis, the stock is trading at a 25% discount to its average of 19.6x.
Shares of 21st Century Fox closed at $27.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!