Tobira (TBRA) Large Shareholder Pentwater Buys, Not Sells Following Allergan Deal
- World stocks get the jitters as U.S. presidential debate looms
- LANXESS to Acquire Chemtura (CHMT) in ~$2.5B Deal
- Yen gains after Kuroda sticks to negative rate script
- Oil steady as market awaits Algiers meeting; funds cut bullish bets
- Clinton and Trump to square off in highly anticipated debate showdown
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In an interestingly development, large Tobira Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TBRA) shareholder Pentwater Capital did not cash out following the 733% surge in the stock after the acquisition announcement by Allergan (NYSE: AGN). Instead, the firm has added to its position.
The group bought 1,624,200 shares from 09/20-09/22 at prices from $38.87-$39.45, which brings their stake to 3,533,200 shares. Tobira shares closed today at $39.50.
On Tuesday (09/20), Tobira Therapeutics agreed to be acquired for an upfront payment of $28.35 per share, in cash, and up to $49.84 per share in Contingent Value Rights (CVRs) that may be payable based on the successful completion of certain development, regulatory and commercial milestone.
It is clear, Pentwater Capital sees value in the CVR's.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baird Recommends Buying SolarCity (SCTY) as a Trade, Expects Tesla (TSLA) Deal to Close
- UPDATE: Abrams Bison Partners Fiiles 13D on Signet Jewelers (SIG); Shows 6% Stake
- salesforce.com (CRM) Considers Twitter (TWTR) Takeover, Process in Early Stage - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Gs, Hedge Funds, Insider Trades, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPentwater Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!