Tobira (TBRA) Large Shareholder Pentwater Buys, Not Sells Following Allergan Deal
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
In an interestingly development, large Tobira Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TBRA) shareholder Pentwater Capital did not cash out following the 733% surge in the stock after the acquisition announcement by Allergan (NYSE: AGN). Instead, the firm has added to its position.
The group bought 1,624,200 shares from 09/20-09/22 at prices from $38.87-$39.45, which brings their stake to 3,533,200 shares. Tobira shares closed today at $39.50.
On Tuesday (09/20), Tobira Therapeutics agreed to be acquired for an upfront payment of $28.35 per share, in cash, and up to $49.84 per share in Contingent Value Rights (CVRs) that may be payable based on the successful completion of certain development, regulatory and commercial milestone.
It is clear, Pentwater Capital sees value in the CVR's.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Depomed (DEPO) 'Clearly' on Purdue Pharma Radar - Bloomberg
- Early Express Scripts (ESRX) Trade Wasn't Him, Citron's Left Tells CNBC
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Gs, Hedge Funds, Insider Trades, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPentwater Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!