Tobira (TBRA) Large Shareholder Pentwater Buys, Not Sells Following Allergan Deal
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
In an interestingly development, large Tobira Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TBRA) shareholder Pentwater Capital did not cash out following the 733% surge in the stock after the acquisition announcement by Allergan (NYSE: AGN). Instead, the firm has added to its position.
The group bought 1,624,200 shares from 09/20-09/22 at prices from $38.87-$39.45, which brings their stake to 3,533,200 shares. Tobira shares closed today at $39.50.
On Tuesday (09/20), Tobira Therapeutics agreed to be acquired for an upfront payment of $28.35 per share, in cash, and up to $49.84 per share in Contingent Value Rights (CVRs) that may be payable based on the successful completion of certain development, regulatory and commercial milestone.
It is clear, Pentwater Capital sees value in the CVR's.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FTC not sold on Walgreens' plan to win nod for Rite Aid deal: Bloomberg
- TAC Capital Files 13D on Bravo Brio Restaurant (BBRG); Adam Nominates 3 to Board
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Gs, Hedge Funds, Insider Trades, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPentwater Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!