Tobira (TBRA) Large Shareholder Pentwater Buys, Not Sells Following Allergan Deal
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
In an interestingly development, large Tobira Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TBRA) shareholder Pentwater Capital did not cash out following the 733% surge in the stock after the acquisition announcement by Allergan (NYSE: AGN). Instead, the firm has added to its position.
The group bought 1,624,200 shares from 09/20-09/22 at prices from $38.87-$39.45, which brings their stake to 3,533,200 shares. Tobira shares closed today at $39.50.
On Tuesday (09/20), Tobira Therapeutics agreed to be acquired for an upfront payment of $28.35 per share, in cash, and up to $49.84 per share in Contingent Value Rights (CVRs) that may be payable based on the successful completion of certain development, regulatory and commercial milestone.
It is clear, Pentwater Capital sees value in the CVR's.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Barrick Gold (ABX) Gains; Chinese Miners Said in Talks for Stake in Veladero Mine - Reuters
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Considers Full Integration of Postbank Instead of Sale - Reuters
- Ziopharm Oncology (ZIOP) Said to Cancel Mizuho Conference - Chatter
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Gs, Hedge Funds, Insider Trades, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPentwater Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!