Tobira (TBRA) Large Shareholder Pentwater Buys, Not Sells Following Allergan Deal
- Wall Street to open flat after data; oil pares losses
- Oil falls on firmer dollar and profit-taking after OPEC rally
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- Deutsche Bank woes keep stocks on steep slide
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/30: (LXK) (AUPH) (DB) Higher; (OPHT) (CAMP) (CTSH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
In an interestingly development, large Tobira Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TBRA) shareholder Pentwater Capital did not cash out following the 733% surge in the stock after the acquisition announcement by Allergan (NYSE: AGN). Instead, the firm has added to its position.
The group bought 1,624,200 shares from 09/20-09/22 at prices from $38.87-$39.45, which brings their stake to 3,533,200 shares. Tobira shares closed today at $39.50.
On Tuesday (09/20), Tobira Therapeutics agreed to be acquired for an upfront payment of $28.35 per share, in cash, and up to $49.84 per share in Contingent Value Rights (CVRs) that may be payable based on the successful completion of certain development, regulatory and commercial milestone.
It is clear, Pentwater Capital sees value in the CVR's.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lexmark (LXK) Gets CFIUS Approval for Apex Tech Deal
- SemGroup (SEMG) Completes Acquisition of Rose Rock Midstream, L.P. (RRMS)
- Langley Holdings to Acquire Substantially All Assets of Active Power (ACPW) Under New Asset Purchase Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Gs, Hedge Funds, Insider Trades, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPentwater Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!