Wilks Brothers Files 13D on Carbo Ceramics (CRR), Indicating Activist Position
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
In a 13D filing on Carbo Ceramics (NYSE: CRR), fund Wilks Brothers disclosed a 5.6%, or 1,305,676 share, stake in the company. The firm changed its filing from 13G to 13D, indicating an activist position.
From the filing:
The Reporting Person typically does not file Schedule 13D reports because, even when it acquires a significant stake in companies, it typically does not seek to change or influence the control of the companies in which it invests. In the case of the Company, however, the Reporting Person believes that due to ongoing relative and absolute underperformance of the Company’s stock price, the Reporting Person may need to take a more active role in order to preserve and maximize the value of its investment and, in turn, maintain and increase value for the benefit of all shareholders. As a result, the Reporting Person has engaged, and expects to continue to engage, in discussions with management, the board of directors, other stakeholders of the Company and other relevant parties concerning the business, operations, management, strategy and future plans of the Company.
For more notable holders of CARBO CERAMICS, Inc. stock click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Peltz's Trian Adds Nearly 4M Shares of Wendy's (WEN)
- Point72 Asset Management, L.P. Raises Stake in OPHTHOTECH (OPHT) to 5.0%
- Softbank's Son Says $50B Investment Discussed with Trump will Come from $100B Fund Set up with Saudi Arabia - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds
Related Entities13D, 13G
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!