ValueAct Will Become One of Seagate's (STX) Largest Shareholders Following Transaction
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) announced a secondary block trade transaction of approximately 12.5 million ordinary and existing shares. Participating in this transaction are ValueAct Capital and Seagate Technology, as a result of which ValueAct Capital will become one of Seagate’s largest shareholders with approximately 9.5 million ordinary shares upon transaction closing. In connection with the transaction, ValueAct has been invited to serve as an observer on Seagate’s Board of Directors. The transaction is conditioned on customary regulatory approval which is expected by the end of September.
"We are very pleased to have ValueAct Capital as one of our largest investors. Seagate approached ValueAct to execute this transaction and become an investor in our company, given their commitment to and success in creating long-term value for the companies in which they invest. The Seagate Board and management team are looking forward to engaging with the ValueAct team as we leverage their experience and resources to further strengthen the company and create long-term investment appreciation for Seagate shareholders,” said Steve Luczo, Seagate’s chairman and chief executive officer.
"Seagate has a strong storage technology portfolio and is well positioned to benefit from attractive long-term secular trends,” said Mason Morfit, ValueAct Capital's president. “We are very excited about the opportunity to work with the Seagate team, at both the Board and management level, to help increase long-term value for all shareholders."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Load Factor Rose 0.9 Points in November 2016
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Corporate News, Hedge Funds, Hot Corp. News, Hot Hedge Fund News, Insider Trades
Related EntitiesValueAct Capital, LLC, Jeffrey W. Ubben, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!