UPDATE: Abrams Bison Partners Fiiles 13D on Signet Jewelers (SIG); Shows 6% Stake
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 23, 2016 2:01 PM EDT)
Abrams Bison Partners files 13D on Signet Jewelers (NYSE: SIG). In the filing the firm shows a 4,525,000 share, or 6% stake.
From the filing:
The Reporting Persons have acquired their Shares of the Issuer for investment. The Reporting Persons have no plans or proposals as of the date of this filing which, other than as expressly set forth below, would relate to or would result in: (a) any extraordinary corporate transaction involving the Issuer; (b) any change in the present Board of Directors or management of the Issuer; (c) any material change in the present capitalization or dividend policy of the Issuer; (d) any material change in the operating policies or corporate structure of the Issuer; (e) any change in the Issuer's charter or by-laws; (f) the Shares of the Issuer ceasing to be delisted from a national securities exchange or to ceasing to be authorized to be quoted in an inter-dealer quotation system of a registered national securities association; or (g) causing the Issuer becoming eligible for termination of registration pursuant to Section 12(g)(4) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
The Reporting Persons, however, reserve the right, at a later date, to effect one or more of such changes or transactions in the number of share they may be deemed to beneficially own.
The Reporting Persons have been and may continue to be in contact with members of the Issuer's management, the Issuer's Board of Directors, other significant shareholders and others regarding alternatives that the Issuer could employ to maximize shareholder value, including, without limitation, alternatives with regards to the issuers strategic evaluation of the credit portfolio and capital structure.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TAC Capital Files 13D on Bravo Brio Restaurant (BBRG); Adam Nominates 3 to Board
- Ex-Visium Hedge Fund Manager Convicted in Fraud Case - Bloomberg
- George Soros says Trump will fail and market's dream will end
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!