Starboard Value Targets Beaten-Down Perrigo (PRGO) - WSJ
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Activist hedge fund Starboard Value has taken a 4.6% stake in Perrigo (NYSE: PRGO) and is urging the company to refocus on its core business, the Wall Street Journal reported overnight.
Starboard has sent a letter criticizing the company for unsuccessfully living up to its performance targets it set while fending off Mylan's (NYSE: MYL) $26 billion takeover attempt last year.
Shares of PRGO are down over 50% over the past year.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Weakens as CEO Retirement Said to Hint That Sale is Off
- DoubleLine's Gundlach says Trump rallies seem to be 'losing steam'
- UPDATE: Stone Energy (SGY): Thomas Satterfield Files 13D Showing 9.9% Stake, Challenges Restructuring Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStarboard Value
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!