Starboard Value Targets Beaten-Down Perrigo (PRGO) - WSJ
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Activist hedge fund Starboard Value has taken a 4.6% stake in Perrigo (NYSE: PRGO) and is urging the company to refocus on its core business, the Wall Street Journal reported overnight.
Starboard has sent a letter criticizing the company for unsuccessfully living up to its performance targets it set while fending off Mylan's (NYSE: MYL) $26 billion takeover attempt last year.
Shares of PRGO are down over 50% over the past year.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perrigo (PRGO) Ticks Up on New Rumor
- International Paper (IP) on Watch Amid Unconfirmed Takeover Chatter
- Fred's (FRED) Falls, Halted on WBA/RAD Antitrust Concerns
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStarboard Value
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!