PIER 1 IMPORTS (PIR) Comments on Alden Global Capital Filing; Says Open to Dialogue with Shareholders
- Wall Street opens higher as oil prices rise
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Will End Internal Hardware Development; Boosts FY17 Outlook
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Oil climbs after industry data shows U.S. inventory draw
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/28: (SEED) (AVXL) (ATHX) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (SONC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (NYSE: PIR) issued the following statement in response to the Schedule 13D filed today by Alden Global Capital:
“Pier 1 Imports values constructive input from investors and regularly engages in dialogue with its shareholders regarding strategy and performance. Pier 1 Imports will continue to engage with shareholders, including Alden Global Capital, and evaluate opportunities to increase long-term shareholder value.
Pier 1 Imports’ board of directors and management team are committed to acting in the best interests of all Pier 1 Imports shareholders. The Company has made significant progress executing its omni-channel strategy, and is well positioned to leverage the strength of this platform and the Pier 1 Imports brand to accelerate growth and improve profitability while delivering value to shareholders.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Abrams Bison Partners Fiiles 13D on Signet Jewelers (SIG); Shows 6% Stake
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): Detail On The New Shareholders Rights Plan - Wedbush
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Adopts 'Poison Pill' Provision
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Corporate News, Hedge Funds
Related Entities13D, Alden Global Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!