PIER 1 IMPORTS (PIR) Comments on Alden Global Capital Filing; Says Open to Dialogue with Shareholders
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (NYSE: PIR) issued the following statement in response to the Schedule 13D filed today by Alden Global Capital:
“Pier 1 Imports values constructive input from investors and regularly engages in dialogue with its shareholders regarding strategy and performance. Pier 1 Imports will continue to engage with shareholders, including Alden Global Capital, and evaluate opportunities to increase long-term shareholder value.
Pier 1 Imports’ board of directors and management team are committed to acting in the best interests of all Pier 1 Imports shareholders. The Company has made significant progress executing its omni-channel strategy, and is well positioned to leverage the strength of this platform and the Pier 1 Imports brand to accelerate growth and improve profitability while delivering value to shareholders.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Responds to Alden Global; Says Board Reconstitution Demands 'Not Constructive'
- Depomed (DEPO), Starboard Value Enter Settlement; Board Changes Made
- P2 Capital Partners Shows 5.3% Stake in Blackhawk Network (HAWK); Has Held Talks with Management
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Corporate News, Hedge Funds
Related Entities13D, Alden Global Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!