PIER 1 IMPORTS (PIR) Comments on Alden Global Capital Filing; Says Open to Dialogue with Shareholders
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (NYSE: PIR) issued the following statement in response to the Schedule 13D filed today by Alden Global Capital:
“Pier 1 Imports values constructive input from investors and regularly engages in dialogue with its shareholders regarding strategy and performance. Pier 1 Imports will continue to engage with shareholders, including Alden Global Capital, and evaluate opportunities to increase long-term shareholder value.
Pier 1 Imports’ board of directors and management team are committed to acting in the best interests of all Pier 1 Imports shareholders. The Company has made significant progress executing its omni-channel strategy, and is well positioned to leverage the strength of this platform and the Pier 1 Imports brand to accelerate growth and improve profitability while delivering value to shareholders.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NRG Energy (NRG) Says It's Aware of 13D Filing, Open to Input from All Shareholders - Bloomberg, Citing Emial
- JANA Partners Lowers Stake in HD Supply (HDS) Below 5%
- BAKER BROS ADVISORS LLC Shows 13.1% Stake in ACHAOGEN (AKAO)
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Corporate News, Hedge Funds
Related Entities13D, Alden Global Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!