PIER 1 IMPORTS (PIR) Comments on Alden Global Capital Filing; Says Open to Dialogue with Shareholders
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (NYSE: PIR) issued the following statement in response to the Schedule 13D filed today by Alden Global Capital:
“Pier 1 Imports values constructive input from investors and regularly engages in dialogue with its shareholders regarding strategy and performance. Pier 1 Imports will continue to engage with shareholders, including Alden Global Capital, and evaluate opportunities to increase long-term shareholder value.
Pier 1 Imports’ board of directors and management team are committed to acting in the best interests of all Pier 1 Imports shareholders. The Company has made significant progress executing its omni-channel strategy, and is well positioned to leverage the strength of this platform and the Pier 1 Imports brand to accelerate growth and improve profitability while delivering value to shareholders.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Elliott Shows 8.1% Stake in Mentor Graphics (MENT) - 13D
- Alden 'Disappointed' in Pier 1 Imports' (PIR) Adoption of 10% Poison Pill
- UPDATE: Abrams Bison Partners Fiiles 13D on Signet Jewelers (SIG); Shows 6% Stake
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Corporate News, Hedge Funds
Related Entities13D, Alden Global Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!