Icahn Adds Another ~307K Herbalife (HLF) Shares
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- WestRock (WRK) to Acquire Multi Packaging Solutions (MPSX) for $18 per share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In a form 4 filing after the close Friday, Carl Icahn disclosed he bought another 306,846 shares on Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) on 08/31 at $60.39, bringing his stake to 19,611,529 shares.
Icahn has been aggressively adding to his stake over the past few weeks after reports broke in late August that he he was looking to shop his stake to HLF short-seller Bill Ackman and others. Ackman went on CNBC saying he was contacted by Icahn's bankers at Jefferies about the sale. Icahn denied this, saying he never gave Jefferies an order to sell any of his Herbalife shares and ripped into Ackman for spreading the mis-information.
Icahn now seems hell-bent on creating a short squeeze in HLF with Mr. Ackman on the ropes with his bet-gone-bade in Valeant.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) volatility low into disclosed that the SEC has requested documents and other information
- Herbalife Ltd. Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Earnings Release Date and Investor Call
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Insider Trades, Short Sales
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, William Ackman, Jefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!