Icahn Adds Another ~307K Herbalife (HLF) Shares
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
In a form 4 filing after the close Friday, Carl Icahn disclosed he bought another 306,846 shares on Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) on 08/31 at $60.39, bringing his stake to 19,611,529 shares.
Icahn has been aggressively adding to his stake over the past few weeks after reports broke in late August that he he was looking to shop his stake to HLF short-seller Bill Ackman and others. Ackman went on CNBC saying he was contacted by Icahn's bankers at Jefferies about the sale. Icahn denied this, saying he never gave Jefferies an order to sell any of his Herbalife shares and ripped into Ackman for spreading the mis-information.
Icahn now seems hell-bent on creating a short squeeze in HLF with Mr. Ackman on the ropes with his bet-gone-bade in Valeant.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Herbalife (HLF) Mentioned Cautiously by 10/10 Research
- NYSE to Suspend Trading in MGT Capital Investments (MGT); Will Move to Delist
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Insider Trades, Short Sales
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, William Ackman, Jefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!