Icahn Adds Another ~307K Herbalife (HLF) Shares
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In a form 4 filing after the close Friday, Carl Icahn disclosed he bought another 306,846 shares on Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) on 08/31 at $60.39, bringing his stake to 19,611,529 shares.
Icahn has been aggressively adding to his stake over the past few weeks after reports broke in late August that he he was looking to shop his stake to HLF short-seller Bill Ackman and others. Ackman went on CNBC saying he was contacted by Icahn's bankers at Jefferies about the sale. Icahn denied this, saying he never gave Jefferies an order to sell any of his Herbalife shares and ripped into Ackman for spreading the mis-information.
Icahn now seems hell-bent on creating a short squeeze in HLF with Mr. Ackman on the ropes with his bet-gone-bade in Valeant.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) could be the 'mother of all short squeezes' - Icahn on CNBC
- Chanos Negative Again on Tesla (TSLA)/SolarCity (SCTY)
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Insider Trades, Short Sales
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, William Ackman, Jefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!