Icahn Adds Another ~307K Herbalife (HLF) Shares
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In a form 4 filing after the close Friday, Carl Icahn disclosed he bought another 306,846 shares on Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) on 08/31 at $60.39, bringing his stake to 19,611,529 shares.
Icahn has been aggressively adding to his stake over the past few weeks after reports broke in late August that he he was looking to shop his stake to HLF short-seller Bill Ackman and others. Ackman went on CNBC saying he was contacted by Icahn's bankers at Jefferies about the sale. Icahn denied this, saying he never gave Jefferies an order to sell any of his Herbalife shares and ripped into Ackman for spreading the mis-information.
Icahn now seems hell-bent on creating a short squeeze in HLF with Mr. Ackman on the ropes with his bet-gone-bade in Valeant.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stone Energy (SGY): Thomas Satterfield Files 13D Showing 9.9% Stake, Challenges Restructuring Plan
- UPDATE: DryShips (DRYS) Insider Buys 100K Shares
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Insider Trades, Short Sales
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, William Ackman, Jefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!