Fir Tree Shows New 7.2% Stake in Tivo, Inc. (TIVO)
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
In a 13D filing on Tivo, Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO), hedge fund Fir Tree disclosed a 7.2%, or 7,217,383 share, stake in the company. The firm did not hold shares at the end of the latest quarter ending June 30, 2016.
Item 4. PURPOSE OF TRANSACTION
The Reporting Persons acquired the shares of Common Stock to which this Schedule 13D relates for investment purposes in the ordinary course of business, and not with the purpose nor with the effect of changing or influencing the control or management of the Issuer. The Reporting Persons acquired the shares of Common Stock pursuant to investment strategies, including merger arbitrage and event driven strategies, because they believed that the shares of Common Stock reported herein, when purchased, represented an attractive investment opportunity. Accordingly, the Reporting Persons may not be eligible to report this position on a Schedule 13G. See Colish, Faith (No-Act., Available March 24, 1980). On May 4, 2016, the Issuer filed a Current Report on Form 8-K disclosing it had entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger dated as of March 27, 2015 with Rovi Corporation, a Delaware corporation and certain of their affiliates.
For more notable holders of Tivo, Inc. stock click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- Millennials & TV: Big Appetites, Little Patience
- P2 Capital Partners Shows 5.3% Stake in Blackhawk Network (HAWK); Has Held Talks with Management
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds
Related Entities13D, 13G, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!