Elliott Shows 8.1% Stake in Mentor Graphics (MENT) - 13D
- Oil edges up ahead of U.S. data, OPEC squabbles cap gains
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Visa (V) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Rambus (RMBS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Issues Q4 Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/24: (SAEX) (CWEI) (RMBS) Higher; (SONC) (WNC) (EFII) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
After the close Thursday, activist hedge fund Elliott Associates showed a 8.1% stake in Mentor Graphics (NASDAQ: MENT) in a 13D filing after the close.
Item 4. Purpose of Transaction.
The Reporting Persons believe the securities of the Issuer are deeply undervalued. The Reporting Persons believe there are numerous operational opportunities, including enhancing operational efficiency and revenue quality, as well as strategic opportunities for the Issuer that would improve shareholder value. The Reporting Persons have initiated a dialogue with the Issuer's Management and Board of Directors (the "Board") regarding those opportunities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PL Capital Advisors Raises Stake in Banc of California (BANC) to 6.7%; Seeks to Speak with Management
- Appeals Court Affirms Mentor Graphics Victory, Confirms Synopsys Patents Invalid
- Mentor Graphics Nucleus RTOS Advances EtherCAT Real-Time Performance for Industrial Automation
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News
Related EntitiesElliott Associates, 13D
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!