Elliott Shows 8.1% Stake in Mentor Graphics (MENT) - 13D
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
After the close Thursday, activist hedge fund Elliott Associates showed a 8.1% stake in Mentor Graphics (NASDAQ: MENT) in a 13D filing after the close.
Item 4. Purpose of Transaction.
The Reporting Persons believe the securities of the Issuer are deeply undervalued. The Reporting Persons believe there are numerous operational opportunities, including enhancing operational efficiency and revenue quality, as well as strategic opportunities for the Issuer that would improve shareholder value. The Reporting Persons have initiated a dialogue with the Issuer's Management and Board of Directors (the "Board") regarding those opportunities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Peltz's Trian Adds Nearly 4M Shares of Wendy's (WEN)
- AMD Extends Strategic Partnership with Mentor Graphics for Linux-based Embedded Solutions
- Point72 Asset Management, L.P. Raises Stake in OPHTHOTECH (OPHT) to 5.0%
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News
Related EntitiesElliott Associates, 13D
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!