Elliott Shows 8.1% Stake in Mentor Graphics (MENT) - 13D
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
After the close Thursday, activist hedge fund Elliott Associates showed a 8.1% stake in Mentor Graphics (NASDAQ: MENT) in a 13D filing after the close.
Item 4. Purpose of Transaction.
The Reporting Persons believe the securities of the Issuer are deeply undervalued. The Reporting Persons believe there are numerous operational opportunities, including enhancing operational efficiency and revenue quality, as well as strategic opportunities for the Issuer that would improve shareholder value. The Reporting Persons have initiated a dialogue with the Issuer's Management and Board of Directors (the "Board") regarding those opportunities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NRG Energy (NRG) Says It's Aware of 13D Filing, Open to Input from All Shareholders - Bloomberg, Citing Emial
- Mentor Graphics Expands Comprehensive ISO 26262 Qualification Program
- Elliott Associates Files 13D on The Advisory Board (ABCO); Seeks to Engage Talks with Board
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News
Related EntitiesElliott Associates, 13D
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!