Elliott Shows 8.1% Stake in Mentor Graphics (MENT) - 13D
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
After the close Thursday, activist hedge fund Elliott Associates showed a 8.1% stake in Mentor Graphics (NASDAQ: MENT) in a 13D filing after the close.
Item 4. Purpose of Transaction.
The Reporting Persons believe the securities of the Issuer are deeply undervalued. The Reporting Persons believe there are numerous operational opportunities, including enhancing operational efficiency and revenue quality, as well as strategic opportunities for the Issuer that would improve shareholder value. The Reporting Persons have initiated a dialogue with the Issuer's Management and Board of Directors (the "Board") regarding those opportunities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mangrove Partners Takes 5.2% Stake in Peabody Energy Corp. (BTUUQ); Sees Shares as Undervalued
- Mentor Graphics Integrates its Questa Verification Solution with Jenkins Ecosystem Enabling Maximum Regression Speed
- P2 Capital Partners Shows 5.3% Stake in Blackhawk Network (HAWK); Has Held Talks with Management
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News
Related EntitiesElliott Associates, 13D
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!