Carl Icahn Slashes Stake in Chesapeake Energy (CHK) to 4.55%, Citing Tax Purposes
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
In a 13D filing on Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK), hedge fund manager Carl Icahn disclosed a 4.55%, or 35,344,000 share, stake in the company. This is down 51.62% from the 73,050,000 shares held at the end of the latest quarter ending June 30, 2016.
In a statement on the sale, Icahn said:
"We believe that over the last few years Doug Lawler and his team have done an admirable job, especially in light of the circumstances. We reduced our position to recognize a capital loss for tax planning purposes."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- MTS Systems (MTSC) Receive NASDAQ Non-Compliance Notice
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Launches Security-Focused Enterprise of Things Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, 13D
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!