Carl Icahn Slashes Stake in Chesapeake Energy (CHK) to 4.55%, Citing Tax Purposes
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
In a 13D filing on Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK), hedge fund manager Carl Icahn disclosed a 4.55%, or 35,344,000 share, stake in the company. This is down 51.62% from the 73,050,000 shares held at the end of the latest quarter ending June 30, 2016.
In a statement on the sale, Icahn said:
"We believe that over the last few years Doug Lawler and his team have done an admirable job, especially in light of the circumstances. We reduced our position to recognize a capital loss for tax planning purposes."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TAC Capital Files 13D on Bravo Brio Restaurant (BBRG); Adam Nominates 3 to Board
- Amedica (AMDA) Plans Offering of Common Stock and Warrants
- Takeda Commences Cash Tender Offer for Shares of ARIAD (ARIA)
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, 13D
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!