Carl Icahn Slashes Stake in Chesapeake Energy (CHK) to 4.55%, Citing Tax Purposes
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In a 13D filing on Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK), hedge fund manager Carl Icahn disclosed a 4.55%, or 35,344,000 share, stake in the company. This is down 51.62% from the 73,050,000 shares held at the end of the latest quarter ending June 30, 2016.
In a statement on the sale, Icahn said:
"We believe that over the last few years Doug Lawler and his team have done an admirable job, especially in light of the circumstances. We reduced our position to recognize a capital loss for tax planning purposes."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NYSE to Suspend Trading in MGT Capital Investments (MGT); Will Move to Delist
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 10/21: (ACAD) (PFPT) (MSFT) (PRGO)
- Unity Bancorp (UNTY) Files $50M Mixed Securities Shelf
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, 13D
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!