Carl Icahn Raises Stake in Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ) to 33.77%
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In a an amended 13D filing on Hertz Global Holdings (NYSE: HTZ), hedge fund Carl Icahn disclosed a 33.77%, or 28,019,038 share, stake in the company. This is up 116.55% from the 12,938,596 shares held at the end of the latest quarter ending September 30, 2016.
All the new shares were purchased today.
Item 3 of the Schedule 13D is hereby amended by replacing it in its entirety with the following:
The Reporting Persons may be deemed to be the beneficial owner of, in the aggregate, 28,019,038 Shares. The aggregate purchase price of the Shares purchased by the Reporting Persons collectively was approximately $1,619.5 million (including commissions and premiums for options to purchase Shares). The source of funding for these Shares was the general working capital of the respective purchasers. The Shares are held by the Reporting Persons in margin accounts together with other securities. Such margin accounts may from time to time have debit balances. Part of the purchase price of the Shares was obtained through margin borrowing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corvex Management Cuts Signet Jewelers (SIG) Stake in Half
- Onconova Therapeutics (ONTX) Phase 2 Oral Rigosertib and Azacitidine Data at ASH Shows 35% Complete Remission Rate
- Peltz's Trian Won't Comment on Honeywell (HON) Rumors
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, 13D
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!