Carl Icahn Raises Stake in Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ) to 33.77%
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
In a an amended 13D filing on Hertz Global Holdings (NYSE: HTZ), hedge fund Carl Icahn disclosed a 33.77%, or 28,019,038 share, stake in the company. This is up 116.55% from the 12,938,596 shares held at the end of the latest quarter ending September 30, 2016.
All the new shares were purchased today.
Item 3 of the Schedule 13D is hereby amended by replacing it in its entirety with the following:
The Reporting Persons may be deemed to be the beneficial owner of, in the aggregate, 28,019,038 Shares. The aggregate purchase price of the Shares purchased by the Reporting Persons collectively was approximately $1,619.5 million (including commissions and premiums for options to purchase Shares). The source of funding for these Shares was the general working capital of the respective purchasers. The Shares are held by the Reporting Persons in margin accounts together with other securities. Such margin accounts may from time to time have debit balances. Part of the purchase price of the Shares was obtained through margin borrowing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- DoubleLine's Gundlach says Trump rallies seem to be 'losing steam'
- UPDATE: Stone Energy (SGY): Thomas Satterfield Files 13D Showing 9.9% Stake, Challenges Restructuring Plan
- Moody's Lowers Outlook on Hertz Global (HTZ) to Negative
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, 13D
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!